As a Frontend Engineer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and the web application’s user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, in using semantic mark-up language i.e. HTML5/CSS3, to turn their static Photoshop designs into working browser based web pages. You’ll also write the server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites. Most of the time you’ll be working with an off-the-shelf CMS or Web Application Framework, so you’ll work closely with designers to integrate their designs seamlessly into the chosen technology platform.
You must possess:
- Experience working with frameworks like Backbone.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap and Foundation to create rich, interactive interfaces
- Knowledge of concepts like event loop, promises and data-binding
- Experience in building great interfaces with an outstanding user experience in mind
- Code valid HTML5 and CSS3 mark-up
- Develop cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience in integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Possess a good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems especially GIT
- Experience building sites to at least an AA+ standard
- Experience with various AJAX techniques to improve U/X
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
- Sound knowledge of how the Web works and the role of Domain Name Servers, Scripting Languages, Web servers, Databases and the HTTP/S Protocols
- Familiarity with Dedicated Servers, Cloud Servers, Web Control Panels (for e.g. Cpanel), SSH and the FTP Protocol
- Working knowledge of PHP
- Working knowledge of MySQL and MongoDB
- Understand U/X Design and place your self in the user’s shoes
- Act as the first line of defence for Quality Assurance
But for you to be accepted to our Dojo, you must be:
- Self-driven with a strong desire to excel and have the ability to work independently
- Possess excellent programming and analytical abilities – Must be way above average!
- Need to be excited about emerging web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Contribute to the company development standards working closely with the Technology Architects
- Discuss technical solutions with Project Managers and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly with regards to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist
- Constantly try to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keep abreast of cutting edge work
- You will be signing a legal contract with us that will safeguard the interest of the organization a well as our clients.
- You will also be required to sign a Surety Bond that guarantees you will be staying with us for a period of at least 1 year.
- Employment at Mindblaze is not possible without signing these documents.
4 years Graduate degree in Computer Sciences or related fields from an accredited institute.
Apply for this Position