As a Web Applications Programmer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and the web application’s user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, in using semantic mark-up language i.e. HTML5/CSS3, to turn their static Photoshop designs into working browser based web pages. You’ll also write the server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites. Most of the time you’ll be working with an off-the-shelf CMS or Web Application Framework, so you’ll work closely with designers to integrate their designs seamlessly into the chosen technology platform.
When we are done with you, You will possess:
- Experience working with frameworks like Backbone.js, Bootstrap and Foundation to create rich, interactive content
- Knowledge of concepts like event loop, promises and data-binding
- Experience in building great interfaces with an outstanding user experience in mind
- Code valid HTML5 and CSS3 mark-up
- Develop cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience in integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Possess a good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems especially GIT
- Experience building sites to at least an AA standard
- Experience with various AJAX techniques to improve U/X
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
- Sound knowledge of how the Web works and the role of Domain Name Servers, Scripting Languages, Web servers, Databases and the HTTP/S Protocols
- Familiarity with Dedicated Servers, Cloud Servers, Web Control Panels (for e.g. Cpanel), SSH and the FTP Protocol
- Working knowledge of PHP
- Working knowledge of MySQL and MongoDB
- Understand U/X Design and place your self in the user’s shoes
- Act as the first line of defence for Quality Assurance
But for you to be accepted to our Dojo, you must be:
- Self-driven with a strong desire to excel and have the ability to work independently
- Possess excellent programming and analytical abilities – Must be way above average!
- Need to be excited about emerging web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Contribute to the company development standards working closely with the Technology Architects
- Discuss technical solutions with Project Managers and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly with regards to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist
- Constantly try to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keep abreast of cutting edge work
- You will be signing a legal contract with us that will safeguard the interest of the organization a well as our clients.
- You will also be required to sign a Surety Bond that guarantees you will be staying with us for a period of at least 1 year.
- Employment at Mindblaze is not possible without signing these documents.
4 years Graduate degree in Computer Sciences or related fields from an accredited institute.
Apply for this Position