Starting Windows Phone Development can at times be challenging as all the relevant information is not always available in one place.
So we have compiled a mini-howto to help jumpstart your endeavors and help you save time.
Start off by downloading:
- Windows Phone 8 SDK ISO
- Visual Studio Express ISO
While the software downloads:
- Consult the following Post
- After confirmation, that you have the desired hardware specification then.
- Install Fresh Clean Windows 8 or 8.1.
- After Installation of windows, just change the windows Updates setting to “Download but let me choose to install”.
- Please note that Hyper-V is needed to run the Windows Phone Simulator. To check if Hyper-V is on and running, just go to windows menu and search for “hyper-V Manager Utility” and run it. After execution if it gives no error then you have installed hyper-V correctly.
- Install Visual Studio Express 2012
- If You have Installed Windows 8.1 then you also need to update visual studio to using Update 4 available from Microsoft
- After installing and updating VS you have to install the windows Phone SDK for Development.
- Enjoy Programming 🙂