As a Web Applications Programmer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and the web application’s user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, in using semantic mark-up language i.e. HTML5/CSS3, to turn their static Photoshop designs into working browser based web pages. You’ll also write the server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites. Most of the time you’ll be working with an off-the-shelf CMS for Laravel such as October CMS or Web Application Frameworks. So you’ll work closely with designers to integrate their designs seamlessly into the chosen technology platform.
When we are done with you, You will possess:
- Experience working with frameworks like October CMS (laravel’s leading CMS).
- Experience in building great interfaces with an outstanding user experience in mind
- Code valid HTML5 and CSS3 mark-up
- Develop cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience in integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Possess a good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems especially GIT
- Experience building sites to at least an AA standard
- Experience with various AJAX techniques to improve U/X
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
- Sound knowledge of how the Web works and the role of Domain Name Servers, Scripting Languages, Web servers, Databases and the HTTP/S Protocols
- Familiarity with Dedicated Servers, Cloud Servers, Web Control Panels (for e.g. Cpanel), SSH and the FTP Protocol
- Working knowledge of MySQL and MongoDB
- Understand U/X Design and place your self in the user’s shoes
- Act as the first line of defence for Quality Assurance
But for you to be accepted to our Dojo, you must be:
- Self-driven with a strong desire to excel and have the ability to work independently.
- Fluent enough in English to respond to tickets and write basic emails for clients, project managers and QA.
- Possess excellent programming and analytical abilities – Must be way above average!
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in working on Laravel projects
- Strong concepts in Query Optimization and Relational Databases.
- Contribute to company development standards working closely with DevOps and Quality Assurance
- Actively participate in technical discussions with Project Managers and help provide innovative solutions
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly with regards to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist
- Constantly try to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keep abreast of cutting edge work
- You will be signing a legal contract with us that will safeguard the interest of the organization a well as our clients.
- You will also be required to sign a Surety Bond that guarantees you will be staying with us for a period of at least 1 year.
- Employment at Mindblaze is not possible without signing these documents.
4 years Graduate degree in Computer Sciences or related fields from an accredited institute.
Apply for this Position